Packaging CPAN modules for Fedora, the Oslo QA Hackathon, CPAN::Porters

Dave Cross dave at dave.org.uk
Sat Mar 8 06:49:55 UTC 2008

Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-03-07 at 17:19 +0200, Gabor Szabo wrote:
>
>> IMHO there is very little communication between the distro communities and
>> the Perl community. Some Debian people have started a dialog on the last
>> YAPC in Vienna and I wish we can increase that even further.
>> The QA Workshop in Oslo would be a great opportunity for that but if none of
>> you can come then the next YAPC::EU in Coppenhagen can be also good for
>> more personal contact.
>
> <sigh/> That's fundamental problem "community-driven/maintained"
> distros like Fedora and Debian: Volunteers don't have travel budgets
> ;)

If there are meetings like this where it is beneficial to Perl if people
meet up to face to face, then it's possible that The Perl Foundation[1]
would be interested in sponsoring at least part of the travel and
accommodation costs. If you're interested, then it's certainly worth
speaking to them about it.

Dave...

[1] http://foundation.perl.org/