Packaging CPAN modules for Fedora, the Oslo QA Hackathon, CPAN::Porters

Dave Cross dave at dave.org.uk
Mon Mar 10 18:38:17 UTC 2008

Steven Pritchard wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 08, 2008 at 07:34:27AM +0000, Dave Cross wrote:
>
>>   http://rpm.mag-sol.com/
>
> I just took a quick look at that, and I noticed that a *bunch* of those
> modules are already available in Fedora...

Yep. I noticed that over the weekend as well. They were created when
they weren't available.

It all needs a good clean-out. Remove the ones that are now available
from Fedora and ensure I have up to date builds of the ones that aren't.

I've started sketching out plans to automate this. The long easter
weekend looks like a good time to start to implement them.

> BTW, since YAPC::NA isn't all that far from me, I just submitted a
> proposal for a talk on Fedora perl packaging...
>
>   http://blog.stevecoinc.com/2008/03/yapcna-2008-abstract.html

That all sounds very interesting. I won't be there unfortunately as
there's an ocean between me and YAPC::NA :) - but I look forward to
seeing your slides.

Dave...