CPAN -> fedora mapping update!

Chris Weyl cweyl at alumni.drew.edu
Thu Mar 13 07:07:11 UTC 2008

On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 3:22 AM, Robin Norwood <rnorwood at redhat.com> wrote:

>  Last I talked to Chris, Real Life and his Day Job were interfering with
>  his ability to develop this more.  He started a Fedora hosted project
>  to host the code that drives it:
>
>  https://fedorahosted.org/camelus/

They're still conspiring, unfortunately for me in a fashion that seems
to be immune to RICO. :)

I did manage to make some updates over the last couple days, including
fixing what I apparently broke on Jan 5th, and generally making the
process a touch more reliable...  It should be going in a much more
regular fashion now.  When I say "reliable", I mean the versions
currently associated with the ga / updates / testing tags in koji; I
apparently need to put in a touch more effort to get the now-CPANPLUS
backed upstream code working properly all the time.  (I'll probably
just switch back to the former method until I get this working 100%.)

I'll be pushing the updated code to the mercurial repo shortly.  Most
of what it uses in the way of CPAN modules are in Fedora at this
point; I'll have to give the code a quick scan to make sure I note
what is and what isn't in yet.  (DBIx::Class I know isn't, but is
hopefully in the final stages of its review.)

My recent efforts here aren't entirely selfless -- I've been meaning
to try my hand at writing a Catalyst-based app from scratch for ages
now, and writing one to replace the static pages sounds like a fun
little project :)  Erm.  Once the upstream query code works.  Again.
*sigh*

                                                   -Chris

--
Chris Weyl