DBIx::Class and minimum perl requirements (especially EPEL)

Nigel Metheringham nigel.metheringham at dev.intechnology.co.uk
Mon Oct 27 13:55:48 UTC 2008

On 27 Oct 2008, at 13:40, Tom spot Callaway wrote:

> On Mon, 2008-10-27 at 13:12 +0000, Nigel Metheringham wrote:
>>
>> Unfortunately the startup test used by DBIx::Class cannot determine
>> between a perl which has the bug and a perl that *could* have the bug
>> - so it fires on the new RHEL5 perl (which does have the issue
>> fixed),
>> and the F8 perl (which I think is mostly, but not entirely fixed,
>> however I've not checked the state of play here).
>
> The F8 perl definitely does have the issue fixed. I did the patchwork
> for F8 and RHEL5, and they're exactly the same.

Thats good to know.  So the problem systems are:-
   - unmaintained F8, which is unlikely to have new DBIx::Class
     installed
   - RHEL5 without all current updates (more likely to be an
     issue bearing in mind the userbase for Enterprise distros).

[Would love comments on the other issues from my original mail]

	Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham             Nigel.Metheringham at InTechnology.com ]