DBIx::Class and minimum perl requirements (especially EPEL)

Nigel Metheringham nigel.metheringham at dev.intechnology.co.uk
Mon Oct 27 22:05:34 UTC 2008

Chris,

Nice to meet you - and commiseration's on being responsible for
packaging DBIx::Class (having packaged it myself for our internal
systems I know it is a bitch of module to package with a tendancy to
pull in all of CPAN as a dep).

On 27 Oct 2008, at 21:34, Chris Weyl wrote:
> Hm.  Well, I suspect the best place here is in the test suite -- maybe
> a pair of tests:
>
> * one Fedora/RHEL specific, maybe looking for specific perl rpm
> versions?
> * one more generic (though I'm not sure that's possible in a better
> fashion than it currently is)
>
> At the very least, that'll let the perl-DBIx-Class maintainer (me)
> have a better idea what's going on.  Fedora 8 has a couple months of
> life left, if memory serves; if a new release comes out before then
> I'll get it in F-8 pre-EOL.

Minutes before seeing your message I committed some proposed changes
to both documentation and test suite to cover these issues.

I would appreciate your comments on svn commits 5009 & 5010 to http://dev.catalyst.perl.org/repos/bast/DBIx-Class/0.08/branches/doc_mods

http://dev.catalyst.perl.org/svnweb/bast/revision?rev=5009
http://dev.catalyst.perl.org/svnweb/bast/revision?rev=5010

I don't have access to my test RHEL5 VMs from here (home), so have not
tested the tests on an affected system, but it *should* work - will
check it tomorrow morning.

Cheers
	Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham             Nigel.Metheringham at InTechnology.com ]