"perl development" comps.xml group?

Chris Weyl cweyl at alumni.drew.edu
Fri Apr 10 16:15:26 UTC 2009

On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 2:24 AM, Iain Arnell <iarnell at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 10:15 AM, Ralf Corsepius <rc040203 at freenet.de>
> wrote:

> > I am not excited about this plan, because I feel there is no "common
> subset"
> > of package which is general enough to be used as "devel group" in comps -
> > feel much of what you say above is based on your personal individual
> > demands.
> >
> > E.g. the list you provide above isn't even close to what I use for
> > perl-development. I think these are likely what you use for your
> individual
> > purposes.
>
> I'm inclined to agree - it would certainly be impossible to decide on
> a Perl Development group that would be suitable for everyone.
>
> But it would be nice to have a group of things that might be
> interesting to developers without being forced to wade through more
> than 1200 individual '*perl*' rpms (and still missing eclipse-epic if
> you were looking for an IDE).

That's where I was going with this.  The packages I listed certainly aren't
comprehensive -- and I hope I didn't give that impression -- just meant to
be a starting point for discussion.  The packages an individual person uses
clearly vary, well, by person, but I don't think it's difficult to classify
something as a "thing[] that might be interesting to developers".

                                  -Chris
--
Chris Weyl
Ex astris, scientia