our perl-core on p5p

Stepan Kasal skasal at redhat.com
Mon Aug 17 13:21:09 UTC 2009

Hello,

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 10:53:37AM -0400, Tom spot Callaway wrote:
> [...] what if someone runs "yum install perl"?

I believe this is the crucial question.

To satisfy the request raised on p5p, it would have to install all
the core modules.  But that would induce many accusation of bloat.

If it installs less than that, the p5p request is not fulfilled.

I see no change that would significantly improve our overall image
and thus I would stay with the current state, which at least
minimizes the surprises.

Stepan Kasal  (just returned from the week off)