our perl-core on p5p

Tom "spot" Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Mon Aug 17 16:06:48 UTC 2009

On 08/17/2009 09:21 AM, Stepan Kasal wrote:
> I see no change that would significantly improve our overall image
> and thus I would stay with the current state, which at least
> minimizes the surprises.

I'm not sure that it does.

Right now, "perl-core" installs everything that comes with the perl
5.10.0 tarball, not just the minimal "core". The current naming is
confusing.

I think it is far easier to tell people, if you want the minimal
functional perl bits, yum install perl-minimal.

We should also clean up the autoprovides anyway, as much as looking at
that pile of code makes me cry.

~spot