Filtering lib provides in XS packages?

Chris Weyl cweyl at alumni.drew.edu
Sun Mar 1 19:16:14 UTC 2009

On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 7:59 AM, Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org> wrote:

> On Sat, 28 Feb 2009 20:46:32 +0000
> Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org> wrote:
> > I like the look of that one, seems suitable as an addition to the
> > arch-specific perl package template perhaps?
>
> One thing I just noticed about this approach is that it causes the
> dependency on rtld(GNU_HASH) to get dropped too. Don't know why but
> possibly a side-effect of turning off the internal dependency generator.

That seems like it must be a bug in RPM...  the only thing different
we do to the requires through the above 3 lines is disable the
internal generation of them.

So:

bug 487958 - [rpm] rtld(GNU_HASH) dropped
bug 487960 - [rpmdevtools] RFE: filter Perl private libs for
arch-specific packages

Once bug 487958 is resolved, I'll go through and rebuild all my
packages that need this applied...  I have a little script/patch that
will do this relatively painlessly that I can share, or just hit up
the other ones en-masse (or file bugs, etc); not surprisingly,
mod_perl and perl itself are the biggest offenders :)

                                     -Chris
--
Chris Weyl
Ex astris, scientia