Filtering lib provides in XS packages?

Chris Weyl cweyl at alumni.drew.edu
Sun Mar 1 22:08:51 UTC 2009

On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 11:16 AM, Chris Weyl <cweyl at alumni.drew.edu> wrote:
> So:
>
> bug 487958 - [rpm] rtld(GNU_HASH) dropped
> bug 487960 - [rpmdevtools] RFE: filter Perl private libs for
> arch-specific packages

Well, the spec template addition looks to be a no-go...  Apparently
solving an actual problem is too ugly to be included :-)  I suspect
that doesn't matter too much anyways, as most people seem to use
either cpanspec or CPANPLUS::Dist::RPM to build out their initial spec
files.

I also just filed two more:

bug 487972 - [rpm] RFE: filter private Perl lib provides
bug 487974 - [rpmlint] RFE: error on shlib provides from under %perl_*arch

I have very low hopes for 487972; AFAIK no request for rpm to filter
certain provides from any specific directory has ever been granted.

                                   -Chris
--
Chris Weyl
Ex astris, scientia