private so provides filtering...

Iain Arnell iarnell at gmail.com
Sun May 24 06:13:38 UTC 2009

On Sun, May 24, 2009 at 3:03 AM, Chris Weyl <cweyl at alumni.drew.edu> wrote:
> On Sat, May 23, 2009 at 5:57 PM, Chris Weyl <cweyl at alumni.drew.edu> wrote:
>>
>> So, in today's rawhide there are still 184 perl-* packages that provide a
>> .so they shouldn't.  If there aren't any screams, sometime in the not too
>> distant future I'm going to loop over them, add the filtering code we hashed
>> out earlier, and kick builds off in rawhide.
>
> ...or, of course, someone has a better / cleaner idea :)

I hate to see that much copy/pasted code - wouldn't it be better to
have a more centralized solution.  Maybe an /etc/rpm/macros.perl with
macros for filtering private .so and unwanted perl(...)
provides/requires? At least until someone gets the time to implement a
better requires/provides facility in rpm (or redhat-rpm-config) itself
- at which point, these workarounds only need to be undone in one
place.

--
Iain.