private so provides filtering...

Stepan Kasal skasal at redhat.com
Mon May 25 16:08:13 UTC 2009

Hello again,

On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 05:49:04PM +0200, Stepan Kasal wrote:
> but I'm not so sure about pushing the general mechanism to amend the
> filter macros.

Stepan, you are an idiot, for two reasons:
- you reply to yourself
- there is a real need for some general filtering macro:

I've just edited automake.spec, that contains:

Source1:    filter-provides-automake.sh
Source2:    filter-requires-automake.sh
%define _use_internal_dependency_generator 0
%define __find_provides %{SOURCE1}
%define __find_requires %{SOURCE2}

But it would still be better if the macro contained a list of regular
expressions that would get filtered by one instance of grep, or even
by the find itself.

So there is the need for the general mechanism.  But we might decide
to push the general mechanism later, as a second iteration.

Have a nice day,
	Stepan