pychecker stories/feedback?

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Fri Apr 25 13:10:18 UTC 2008

Greetings!

I've been playing around with a side project of using pychecker to
provide early warning of typos/thinkos and questionable practices.  I'm
basically looking for many of the benefits that a compiler provides when
it can't resolve find a variable/class/function name etc...

I've got the right mix of pychecker cmdline args such that the subset of
issues is now manageable.  But I'm curious if folks have any general
thoughts on this subject.

What are your best practices?

Are there other similar tools out there?

Have any experiences to share or words of caution/wisdom?

Many thanks,
James

 James Laska         -- jlaska at redhat.com
 Quality Engineering -- Red Hat, Inc.