[Fedora-python-devel-list] egg rpm template

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 23:53:02 UTC 2008

Kyle VanderBeek wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 04:15:08PM -0700, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
>>>  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Python/Eggs
>> If the project is setuptools based then there's not much difference from
>> the python type to the template.
>
> Yeah, I'm realizing that.  I've got several of the prereqs for pylons
> ready to go using only minor variations from the python .spec template.
> I also realize that I may not want to use pylons much since it has so
> many prereqs!  Yikes.  Welcome to the CPAN-ificiation of python, brought
> to you buy ez_setup!

Heh, you're welcome to use TurboGears-1.x since we've already got the
prereqs packaged :-)

FWIW, lmacken, spot, and I are also very interested in pushing pylons
into Fedora as it will be the basis of TurboGears2.  If you want to
pitch in that would bring things in all the faster.

spot already has some of these packaged at:
   http://auroralinux.org/people/spot/review/new

I'm not sure if he's on this list but you can definitely ping him about
whether he wants to get started submitting them or is willing to let you
take the ones that he's started on.

I've got ToscaWidgets packaged and need to work on the widget libraries
and DBMechanic/DBSprockets next.

-Toshio