python3 proposal on fedora-devel

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Thu Oct 1 20:42:13 UTC 2009

On 10/01/2009 12:21 PM, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> In case ya'll are filtering out fedora-devel list,  David Malcolm has
> made a proposal for getting python3 into F13.
>
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2009-October/msg00054.html

This plan looks fine, but I do have some comments:

   /usr/bin/python3 is what the community has agreed on calling python 3.x.
   Don't worry at all about trying to call it anything else.

   Porting yum and RPM is going to require porting any of their
   non-Python-provided libraries.  Doesn't look like there are that many
   dependencies though, pygpgme.

   I think it's easy to start now with a fairly minimal Python 3 stack, and
   add items as they get ported upstream.

Sean