Python 2.6.3 for Fedora 13?

David Malcolm dmalcolm at redhat.com
Fri Oct 2 21:17:03 UTC 2009

Python 2.6.3 was just released [1].  I think we'll want this in F13
(seems far too late to me for F12).

I tried rebuilding our "devel" branch with the 2.6.3 tarball, and it
built with no changes to the existing patches.  I haven't gone through
the upstream changes in detail though.  Caveat: this was on an F11 box,
not in Koji.

I'm running with 2.6.3 rpms on my F11 box, I'll see if anything
unexpected happens.  yum seems to still work.

Attached is a patch to the devel branch FWIW.

I've just requested "watchbugzilla" "watchcommits" and "commit" rights
for python's devel and F12 branches.  Is there a process I need to go
through for this, e.g. to establish trustworthiness?

Hope this is helpful
Dave

PS  I'm about to be unreachable electronically, until October 12th
(vacation).  I plan to start running rawhide when I'm back.

[1] http://www.python.org/download/releases/2.6.3/