[Fedora Robotics] nxt_python

John McLean jesusfreak91 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 15:29:29 UTC 2008

The past few days I've been spending some time trying to get p/s/g
installed on my system, and for various reasons, I'm having trouble doing
so.  My plan was to get those installed, and then work on writing up a
spec file for gazebo.  However, knowing that someone else is also working
on that, coupled with my limited experience with packaging in general,
also coupled that I'm going to be gone for the next two weeks, leads me to
believe that (for now) I should work on something simpler.  If no one
objects, I'll work on packaging nxt_python, since python programs are
generally easier to package.  I've already started and should have a spec
file written in another hour or so, and hopefully can run some tests this
afternoon. Barring no problems, I should be able to submit a package to
bugzilla in the near future.  I realize that nxt_python isn't critical
path and p/s/g and a live-cd are, but I don't yet have enough knowledge to
work on packaging gazebo.  Once I get back from being gone for two weeks,
I should have time to delve deeper and learn enough to be useful.  If
anyone has any suggestings on what else I could do, I'd be more than happy
to listen :)

--John