[Fedora Robotics] nxt_python

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 16:24:38 UTC 2008

I've been meaning to catch up with you.

If you want something critical to work on. The player package is
currently under review...but is stuck because it will not build
against Fedora development.  I'm pretty sure it just needs a minor
patch due to an api change in the geos package, which it builds
against. Some function calls from geos have changed in geos 3.0.  If
you can figure out what needs to be patched so player will build
against geos 3.0 that would be keen.

Both the player and stage packages under review do build and install
against Fedora 9 however.  If you want to dig into player/stage you
can grab the srpms from the reviews and build them locally to work
with until we can get player patched and past review.

Sadly I just moved, and until the phone company decides they actually
want to connect service back to me I'm going to have a hard time
working on getting player patched and past review.  It will happen,
but maybe not this week.

-jef