[Fedora Robotics] p/s/g demo client program

Arindam Ghosh makghosh at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 15:16:21 UTC 2008

On 8/5/08, jesusfreak91 at gmail.com <jesusfreak91 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've been asked to write up a demo client program for player/stage/gazebo
> that we might could use in a robotics livecd to show off the capabilities of
> player.  I'm still not 100% sure what exactly we're looking for, but here's
> a rough description on what I'm thinking about now:
>
> I'll design a small gui interface similar to that of playerv.  Users will be
> able to control the robot through this interface, using either the keyboard
> or mouse (don't know which yet).  If I have time/the ability to, I'll add in
> support for a gripper and things like that.  I'll also write up a few small
> client programs that autonomously navigate the robot based on sensor data.
> In the gui, the user can have to option to use one of those programs to
> control the robot.
>
> I realize the above sounds pretty similar to playerv, but I can't think of
> what else to do that would meet our needs as I understand them.  Any
> suggestions/comments/critiques would be greatly appreciated.

+1 for this....this gui (can be done by pygtk etc) is what i suggested
at one of the previos meeting...go on...start with player first and
then add stage part into it....it'll accomplish one of the primary
goals in the p/s/g context...just tell if you need any help :)

And Tim.....i started working on gazebo and resolved some issues...yet
some build problems persists which i'm looking into...

--

Arindam Ghosh
Fedora Ambassador

GPG Key: 0EE58920