[Fedora Robotics] Co-ordinating open source robotics packaging.

Toby Collett tcollett+lists at plan9.net.nz
Sun Jun 7 10:38:47 UTC 2009

Hi all,
There seems to be increased effort and interest in packaging robotics
software in various distributions. It seems to be that the requirements for
most distributions are pretty similar and so it would make sense to put a
bit of effort into coordinating these efforts, potentially targeting the
same set of packages and same versions for fedora, ubuntu (coordinate with
robobuntu?), debian ....

Does this seem a good idea for others, I am currently looking to get
involved in some ubuntu packaging (particularly around player which I am a
developer for and the libraries it uses such as gearbox), but would prefer
to not reinvent the wheel too much :)

If this seems a good idea, what do you think would be the best way to
coordinate, a common mailing list, a wiki with a matrix of packages,
distributions and the versions targetted?....

Regards,
Toby Collett
--
This email is intended for the addressee only and may contain privileged
and/or confidential information