ClamAV

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Fri Apr 7 17:33:43 UTC 2006

On Friday 07 April 2006 12:22, Chris Ricker wrote:

> > DG> I just reported a security bug for ClamAV in extras
> >
> > 0.88.1 was checked in and built yesterday (for devel, FC-5 and FC-4,
> > at least).
>
> Just for those three, which raises the issue of a handoff to Legacy for
> FC-3, etc

Legacy has stated that  they will not support extras  as they don't have the
resources needed for the extra work load.  extras needs to support extras
until such time as legacy drops support.

when a core release goes into maintainence  mode  extras should also.  which
would mean major bugs  and security fixes only.

the SIG is too small  right now  to look after all of extras  so the
maintainers should be strongly encouraged to do it.  with support from the
security SIG. I have requested  that FC-3  also be built.

--
Regards

Dennis Gilmore,  RHCE
Proud Australian