Naming convention flames

Martin Ebourne lists at ebourne.me.uk
Fri Apr 2 11:33:20 UTC 2004

<Sent this to Russell directly the first time - being dense, sorry>

Russell Coker <russell at coker.com.au> wrote:
> seuseradd is a good solution to this problem.  It calls useradd
> (so /etc/default/useradd will be used in the regular manner), and it then
> does SE Linux stuff afterwards.  I think that it is OK to have scripts that
> add system users continue to run as before, and have useradd work for adding
> user_u users, but require seuseradd for adding SE users.

Personally I feel an option to useradd would be a better solution in this
case.  It's only natural for people to look in the man page when a command
doesn't do what's expected and an option will be much more obvious, and more
logical, than a reference to separate command.

Cheers,

Martin.