Naming convention flames

Rui Miguel Seabra rms at 1407.org
Fri Apr 2 15:09:34 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-04-02 at 07:40 -0500, murphy pope wrote:
> >Many users in /etc/passwd can be mapped to a single SELinux user for
> access control purposes (e.g. system_u).
>
> Sounds like /etc/group to me.

Ok, let's say you have users john, jane, doe, and poe

then you have groups like:
staff:x:n:john,jane,doe

and file xpto:

-rw-rw-r--  1 john staff 3399 Mar  9 00:40 xpto

How do you forbid doe from writing on xpto?

That's an example of what SELinux brings you, in terms of permissions.
You can explictly say xpto can't be written by doe.

Rui

+ So let's do it...?