yum update after fresh install of Core2 test2

Paul Nasrat pauln at truemesh.com
Fri Apr 2 15:52:09 UTC 2004

On Fri, Apr 02, 2004 at 05:55:00PM +0200, Ron Arts wrote:
> I just did a fresh install of Core 2 test2,
> and after that I logged in as root (by ssh)

Logging in via ssh as root you will be staff_r, you need to run:

newrole -r sysadm_r -t sysadm_t

> and issued `yum update`.
> During the update lots of errors happened like this one:
>
> setexeccon(root:staff_r:rpm_script_t) fails from context
> "root:staff_r:staff_t": Invalid argument
> %post(xorg-x11-Mesa-libGL-0.6.6-0.2004_03_30.1) scriptlet failed, exit
> status 255
>
> And now even yum itself fails with:
>
> ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/rpmmodule.so: undefined
> symbol: rpmdsBT

> Could not find this exact error in the archives, but I bet

It has been mentioned - your transaction broke and you probably have mismatching rpm and rpm-python.

rpm -q rpm; rpm -q rpm-python

Download rpm and rpm-python from your favourite mirror and rpm -Uvh them as sysadm_r

id -Z will tell you what context you are in.

Paul