SELinux and ReiserFS

Pete Chown 1 at 234.cx
Mon Apr 5 19:10:35 UTC 2004

James Morris wrote:

> Reiserfs does not support file labeling, although there is a patch in the
> suse kernel for it (we would only want to apply something that is
> upstreamable though).

I hope this patch will make it into FC2.  I have a lot of machines that
are running on reiserfs, and can't easily be switched.  This is for the
obvious reason that reorganising the filesystems is time consuming.
More importantly, though, there is an application which was developed
specifically with reiserfs in mind, and creates huge numbers of small
files.  It would be difficult to run this under ext3.

Pete