SELinux for RHEL3

Russell Coker russell at coker.com.au
Mon Apr 12 13:46:19 UTC 2004

On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 08:48, Bill McCarty <bmccarty at pt-net.net> wrote:
> Do RHEL 3 packages for SELinux currently exist? If so, where can they be
> obtained? If not, must we wait for RHEL 4 to obtain compatible SELinux
> packages? Or, is there a chance of another experimental release for RHEL 3?

Fedora Core is going to be the base for future RHEL releases.  Fedora Core 2
Test 2 is currently the best available distribution for SE Linux, it has an
option in the GUI installer for installing SE Linux (default is "on" for this
release, maybe something different for the next test release), and the policy
supports all the most common tasks you will want to perform.

To achieve your goals of generally learning about Red Hat and SE Linux your
best option is to just download some ISOs of FC2T2.  There are no plans of
integrating SE Linux into RHEL 3 as well as it is integrated into Fedora, and
RHEL 4 will be longer than you want to wait.