Trying to get user modification tools and policy source

Nick nick-gray at austin.rr.com
Thu Apr 29 02:27:52 UTC 2004

Conditions:
	Install from DVD
	Download of Tresys tools
	Installation of several RPMs that were needed to compile these tools
	yum update of system.

Problem: I can't build the Tresys tools for user account modification.
I had been doing this in the past:

> #1.  useradd -m developer
> #2.  passwd developer
> #3. sed -i -e /user\ root/a\ user\ developer\ roles\ \{\ staff_r\ \
> sysadm_r\ \}\; /etc/security/selinux/src/policy/users
>
> #4. cd /etc/security/selinux/src/policy
> #5. make policy
> #6. make load

I asked the SEL list about this and it was recommeded that I try Tresys
setools?  seuser, seuseradd?.

Problem is, I can't build them I keep getting a message about TCL being
in the wrong place?

Anyone seen this? This is a new install, without deviations from what
needs to be done initially. I would think this would be a pretty common
problem

I obviously can't do my old procedure since the policy source wasn't
installed.

Thanks

Nix
--