Core 2 SELinux installation

Nick nick-gray at austin.rr.com
Thu Apr 29 10:23:26 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-04-28 at 21:43, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-04-28 at 21:16 -0500, Nick wrote:
> > Why are we using the command line option to install SELinux process. I
> > provided to the SEL list, a comp.xml skeleton that I used to add SEL to
> > Core 1.
>
> The option has nothing to do with what packages get installed, it deals
> instead with if we set up such things as xattrs on the filesystem and
> whether policy will end up loading by default

Isn't all of that via packages?

Isn't the kernel build during install from a source package?

So your saying that the switch is just a way of setting the level that
is currently set in the firewall screen of the install?

What about building a core 2 system without SELinux. Are we forcing
users to use SEL if they are using Fedora in the future?