Re: Not good

Gene Czarcinski wrote:

On Saturday 03 April 2004 08:29, Daniel J Walsh wrote:

I have written the steps in the bug report on how to get up2date fixed. The final fix for the up2date package has not been released yet.

Fixing up2date is a multi step process.

One update to latest policy.
restorecon /usr/sbin/up2date

update to latest usermode

Add
ROLE=sysadm_r
TYPE=rpm_t

/etc/security/console.apps/up2date.

Thanks for the update Dan.

I am still a bit concerned that up2date did not report that the package up2date failed and that it removed the old version of the package as well. If I had been manually updating (as I did with the kernel), I saw that there was a problem. Up2date should have caught that also but did not. I do not know if yum has this problem or not and will probably explore using it as an alternative to up2date. However, I will probably wait for Seth's big rewrite that he is working on.

Submit a bug report on the problem with Up2date. It should not have blown away the old package.

Dan

Gene