Re: SELinux and ReiserFS

James Morris wrote:

Reiserfs does not support file labeling, although there is a patch in the
suse kernel for it (we would only want to apply something that is
upstreamable though).

I hope this patch will make it into FC2. I have a lot of machines that are running on reiserfs, and can't easily be switched. This is for the obvious reason that reorganising the filesystems is time consuming. More importantly, though, there is an application which was developed specifically with reiserfs in mind, and creates huge numbers of small files. It would be difficult to run this under ext3.

Pete