Not good

David Caplan dac at tresys.com
Tue Apr 6 13:15:23 UTC 2004

Daniel J Walsh wrote:
> Gene Czarcinski wrote:
>

>> I do believe that the policy packages needs some work:
>>
>> 1. Cannot be built in a private build tree (this possibly caused the
>> "policy." problem which is fixed in 1.9.2-11 ... we will see if it
>> builds in the private tree by a regular user).
>>

> This is a bug caused by the user being unable to read policy_config_t
> files (file_context)

I'm not sure I see what the "bug" is here.  A "regular user" should not
be building the policy for a system.  A user should be able to build a
private copy of the policy (eg, for testing, analysis, etc), but these
files should have regular user file labels (i.e., *not* policy_config_t
or policy_src_t).  Any user/domain should be able to run checkpolicy,
but much thought and consideration needs to be given as to which domains
may run checkpolicy in the checkpolicy_t domain.  Maybe I'm reading too
much into this?

David

--

David Caplan     410 290 1411 x105