Re: /sbin/service and /usr/sbin/run_init

Gene Czarcinski wrote:

The various selinux documentation states that /usr/sbin/run_init should be used to start the various scripts in /etc/init.d/ to ensure that that have the correct selinux charactertics.

I notice that service does not use run_init. Is this a problem?

Gene

No we found that using run_init was far too confusing, so we added auto transition rules
so sysadm, or rpm are allowed to transition initrc programs to their proper state.

There is a tunable to turn this off if you want to go back to using run_init, I believe.