SELinux and ReiserFS

Russell Coker russell at coker.com.au
Mon Apr 12 15:22:12 UTC 2004

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 01:10, Dennis Gilmore <dennis at ausil.us> wrote:
> > Is it possible to pass "-i size=512" to mkfs.xfs through the GUI or do
> > you have to run mkfs.xfs from the command line to do so?
>
> i will do some testing to see if it can be either passed as a boot option
> or specifed in the gui think it would probably only be available as a boot
> time option same as enabling xfs support.

I would be shocked if there was a boot option to pass such options to
mkfs.xfs.  XFS has lots of tunable options, using them all in boot options
would not make sense to me, even if it wasn't for the fact that different
file systems may want different mkfs options.

There are XFS options -d for data section, -l for log, and -b for block size.
Having boot options for all of these would be confusing at best.