udev tries to execute files in /etc/dev.d

Gene Czarcinski gene at czarc.net
Fri Apr 16 21:41:38 UTC 2004

On Friday 16 April 2004 13:42, Daniel J Walsh wrote:
> Gene Czarcinski wrote:
> >On Friday 16 April 2004 12:22, Daniel J Walsh wrote:
> >>Yes I am writing policy for the new version of udev now.  It should be
> >>inplace today.
> >
> >When you get done, could you post the updates packages on
> >ftp://people.redhat.com?
> >
> >Gene
>
> policy-1.11.2-9 is on people.
>
> You will need to relable the udev stuff to get it too work
>
> restorecon `rpm -q -l udev`

OK, this seems to work (updated udev-024-4 and policy-1.11.2-3).  I closed the
bugzilla report.  Thelvm problem is still there ... see bugzilla.

I gave up on my VIA8233 sound adapter on the ASUS SK8V and install an Ensoniq
card.  This works .. even for regular users after I setfiles /dev and
setfiles /udev

I sure hope I can get a "clean" snapshot of development soon so I can try a
fresh install and see how things will work without all of the packages
changing.

Gene