SELinux issues

Colin Walters walters at redhat.com
Mon Apr 19 19:25:57 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-04-19 at 14:21, jacob wrote:
> Some SELinux issues I've been experiencing when running in enforcing mode:
>
>  * Only my own user processes show up in top/gnome-system-monitor/ps aux,
>    no root or other users processes are visible.

That's expected.

>  * /lib/modules is marked with '?---------  ? ? ? ? modules' for me as
>    normal user, I can't even cd into it. Looks ok as root though.

That's also expected.  The ??? is because user_t is denied getattr for
modules_object_t.

>  * Normal user can't mount cdrom, only root can.

Do you have the "user" option in /etc/fstab and the user_can_mount
tunable enabled?

>  * fam & nautilus are the ones spewing out the most avc messages in
>    dmesg.

fam is known to be incompatible with SELinux.  I'm working on a patch to
disable it if SELinux is enabled.  What nautilus AVC messages are you
seeing?  the /initrd one is a known issue, also on my queue of stuff to
fix.