Re: SELinux issues

On Mon, 2004-04-19 at 16:40, mike flyn org wrote:

> Is there a plan to replace fam's functionality?

I believe someone is working on it.

>  If I do a "touch
> /home/mike/foo" and have a nautilus window displaying /home/mike/foo then
> this file immediately appears in the nautilus window (without manually
> telling nautilus to reload the directory's contents).  Will this be
> impossible with SELinux running in enforcing mode?

Once we have a replacement, it will be possible.

> I think fam is required by the nautilus package.  Will this requirement be
> relaxed?

The fam package is required by the nautilus package, yes.  However my
patch will just make libfam client calls return an error.  Nautilus
should treat this the same as if famd isn't running, and just not
monitor files.