Access to cd device denied for cdp

Lamont R. Peterson lamont at gurulabs.com
Fri Apr 30 00:36:41 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-04-28 at 16:42, Thomas Molina wrote:
> Please do not use that abomination called kudzu to determine policy.
>
> First off, userland tools have no place in determining policy in my
> opinion, especially not in the case of removable media.
>
> Secondly, I despise kudzu.  It is an abomination which get removed
> forthwith from any system I maintain.

Oh, come on now, Thomas, please, don't hold back; tell us how you really
feel :-).

Seriously, though, I am curious to know what is wrong, here.  Aside from
the fact that kudzu is for hardware detection and SELinux is not
hardware, why is kudzu (in your opinion) is so "evil"?

That question asked, I have to say that I am inclined to think that as
long as kudzu is around in a system with SELinux, we are going to have
to accept the need for it (kudzu) to work withing that (SELinux)
environment.  I do not yet agree that there is need for kudzu to alter
policies, but I am going to reserve judgment until after further
discussion.
--
Lamont R. Peterson <lamont at gurulabs.com>
Senior Instructor