cupsd locking up system during boot - targeted mode

Jim Cornette jim-cornette at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 20 01:41:30 UTC 2004

Colin Walters wrote:

>On Wed, 2004-08-18 at 21:56 -0400, Jim Cornette wrote:
>

>>I just joined up to the list because I just enabled SELinux.
>>
>>The first thing that I did was to boot up the system in permissive mode,
>>strict policy and into runlevel 1. I then ran fixfiles relabel at the
>>prompt.
>>
>>I then changed /etc/sysconfig/selinux to reflect enforcing and use the
>>targeted policy.
>>

>Did you relabel after changing to the targeted policy?

I relabeled using the strict policy. I then changed the policy to
targeted and rebooted.

I believe I relabeled using targeted and permissive after the problem
booting up.

When I pulled the avc messages from the latest /var/log/messages, it was
about 180 kb large.

I also had problems installing the latest rounds of updates. I had to
setenforce 0 because of this error on line 142, using up2date . Here is
an excerpt from the xterm..

/etc/selinux/targeted/contexts/files/file_contexts:  invalid context
system_u:object_r:printer_device_t on line number 142
/etc/selinux/targeted/contexts/files/file_contexts:  invalid context
system_u:object_r:printer_device_t on line number 142

After completing the installation of the rpms, I'll try to relabel with
latest targeted policy to see if I can boot up in enforcing w/o a
looping situation.

Jim