Testing cron script

Bill McCarty bmccarty at pt-net.net
Sat Aug 21 07:44:31 UTC 2004

Hi Colin and all,

Thanks, Colin, for your suggestion.

--On Thursday, August 19, 2004 9:55 PM -0400 Colin Walters
<walters at verbum.org> wrote:

> However, now that we have the boolean support, I think it would be nice
> to have a "debug" boolean or the like.  This would enable things like
> the system administrator running cron scripts directly.  To do this
> correctly, I think we would need to have runcon labeled specially,
> similar to newrole, so it can be a specific entrypoint for the cron
> types, instead of just using bin_t above.

Seems to me it also couldn't hurt to label /etc/cron.daily/* and friends
with something other than etc_t. But, then again, I suppose that a specific
label isn't reasonable for scripts referenced in /etc/crontab. So, I guess
the effort would come to nothing.

Cheers,

--
Bill McCarty, Ph.D.