Fedora and udev

Joshua Brindle jbrindle at tresys.com
Mon Aug 23 22:50:14 UTC 2004

Greg KH wrote:

>Please fix that patch up to:
>	- not have any ifdef in the .c files
>	- use the proper coding style
>	- use the same convention as the other build flags have.
>
>Actually, what was wrong with the older selinux support in udev that was
>there?  Why not just dig that stuff up and see if it works or not (I bet
>it does...)  If so, I'll be glad to add it back in, it's just that too
>many people complained about it when it was in there...

Who complained and why? When selinux support wasn't built in the
functions were just stubs, how could that have possibly had any effect
whatsoever on anyone else?
If you could, please paste a patch from the older version so that we can
see here whether it should work right (it's possible that the libselinux
api changed between then and now)

>Oh, and udev does not require a ramfs, or tmpfs at all, that's just how
>the distro decided to use it.

Joshua Brindle