Cleaned up udev-selinux patch

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Thu Aug 26 22:59:28 UTC 2004

perhaps the style should be that the Makefile adds some code
add_selinux.c based on a configure-time option,

and that some #ifdefs in a header file call a function which
is a stub in the header if WITH_SELINUX is not defined.

bizarre_but_likely_quite_good_coding_style_never_encountered_before.h:

#ifdef WITH_SELINUX
int do_add_selinux_stuff(args) { return 0; }
#else
#define do_add_selinux_stuff the_real_add_selinux_stuff
#endif

and add_selinux.c contains:

int the_real_add_selinux_stuff(args)
{

	return err;
}

On Thu, Aug 26, 2004 at 03:07:23PM -0400, Daniel J Walsh wrote:
> Greg KH wrote:

> >>Another pass at a cleaned up patch.  This time attempting to folow Greg
> >>guidelines.
> >>

> >Looks good.  Do you really want it all in a .h file?  I don't mind
> >having the selinux functions being in a .c file and building that if
> >USE_SELINUX is enabled.
> >
> >But it's your call, as you are the one going to have to live with the
> >code :)
> >
> >thanks,
> >
> >greg k-h
> >

> I copied the way it was being done with logging.h
>
> I already have some updates from comments from other people.
>
> Dan

Truth, honesty and respect are rare commodities that all spring from
the same well: Love.  If you love yourself and everyone and everything
around you, funnily and coincidentally enough, life gets a lot better.