Progress! .532 boots! -- but dbus/hotplug/udev problems remain?

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Sun Aug 29 10:06:42 UTC 2004

btw i didn't see an acknowledgement from the person who sent the
last udev patch (dan was it you?)

the use of the "mode" argument it is clear has not been used,
to call i think it was matchpathcon.

instead, because i had three near-identical code portions all
of which had different S_IFXXX thingies, dan-i-think-it-was
moved the near-identical code into a function with a "mode"
argument...

... and forgot to use the "mode" argument such that matchpathcon
is called with S_IFDIR.

given that i haven't seen an acknowledgement of this issue
either in my inbox or on the mailing lists (which i am checking
manually) i thought it best to hassle people until i know it's
been spotted.

this is IMPORTANT because it will impact the contexts on
inodes and stuff created in /dev: the "optimising" argument
"mode" passed to matchpathcon and setfscreatecon, if wrong,
results in relevant (and correct!) file_context entries being
skipped!

l.