Where is the SID stored in file system and process respectively?

Park Lee parklee_sel at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 23 05:59:09 UTC 2004

Hi,
  As we know, In SELinux, when we first access a file,
the file system should first send the security context
of the file from its extended attribute to security
server. the security server will give a SID back to
the file for later use. Since then, every time when we
access the file, there is no need for the file system
to send the security context of the file again.
instead, it will send the SID of the file to security
server.
  But, Where is the SID (which is assigned by security
server for the file) stored in the file system? and
How is the SID calculated?

  As for process in selinux, Where is the SID (which
also is assigned by security server ) stored with the
process?
  Is the security context of the process only exist in
the selinux security server and the process only need
to deal with the SID that is related to the security
context?
  Will the process itself handle its own security
context?

  Thank you.

=====
Best Regards,