FC3 " avc: denied" issue

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Mon Dec 27 16:44:10 UTC 2004

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 11:32:41 EST, Colin Walters said:

> Dan recently worked on a patch for coreutils to make the 'install'
> command do this internally.  I don't think we can ask every ISV to
> insert restorecon commands at arbitrary points in their code.  Saying
> however that they must use the 'install' command (or RPM) to install
> software is a much more defensible position, IMO.

Any opinions on how they should integrate their current 'mknod' commands,
which currently need a restorecon?  Should mknod handle it, or is that
part still NVidia's problem?  (I suppose it would be OK to push *that*
one back at the sofware - many packages install dozens or even hundreds
of regular files, but rarely use mknod (even the NVidia one has some 35
files and only 7 mknod's)