not relabeling "/dev/:0".

Nalin Dahyabhai nalin at redhat.com
Wed Dec 8 23:09:40 UTC 2004

On Wed, Dec 08, 2004 at 05:57:31PM -0500, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-12-08 at 20:23 -0200, Vinicius wrote:
> > Is the problem below a SELinux related issue, please? If so, how to
> > resolve this, please?
> >
> > /var/log/messages:
> > "...
> > -:0[3004]: Warning!  Could not get current context for /dev/:0, not
> > relabeling.
> > ..."
>
> Yes, it's related to SELinux; I think the warning is from fixfiles.  But
> I have no idea what /dev/:0 would be.  My system has no such device.

I think some piece of code (pam_selinux maybe?) is assuming that
prepending "/dev/" to the value of the PAM_TTY item results in a path
which can be relabeled.  I think gdm sets it to ":0" on at least some
platforms, for example.

Is there a particular command or program being run when this happens, or
is it happening when you log in?

Nalin