I give up...

Giuseppe Greco giuseppe.greco at agamura.com
Tue Dec 14 13:47:04 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-12-14 at 05:08 -0800, Karsten Wade wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-12-14 at 11:59 +0100, Giuseppe Greco wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I think I give up... no way to get my SELinux
> > system working as it should. For the moment,
> > I've just disabled it.
>
> Was your problem only with squid?

No, I've also problems with squirrelmail when trying to send emails
with attachments (simple emails without attachments are OK):

audit(1102761151.989:0): avc denied { search } for
  pid=1841 exe=/usr/sbin/httpd name=spool dev=dm-6 ino=224002
  scontext=user_u:system_r:httpd_t
  tcontext=system_u:object_r:var_spool_t tclass=dir

audit(1102761496.288:0): avc denied { getattr } for
  pid=1841 exe=/usr/sbin/httpd path=/var/spool dev=dm-6 ino=224002
  scontext=user_u:system_r:httpd_t
  tcontext=system_u:object_r:var_spool_t tclass=dir

> Did you just turn off the squid Boolean (in system-config-securitylevel
> or with setsebool)?  Or did you have to disable SELinux entirely?

I've disabled SELinux entirely in /etc/selinux/config by setting
SELINUX=disabled...

> If you can, it is recommended to leave SELinux running and disable it
> only for the daemon you are having problems with.

Yes, that could a much better idea...

> > I've tried everything, but nothing... What's strange is
> > that I've these problems only on a machine where I updated
> > from FC1 to FC3. Others machines where I installed FC3
> > from scratch I've no problems at all.
>
> I'm working with an FC1 -> FC3 upgrade (via Anaconda), and although I'm
> not having SELinux problems, I do have other instabilities.  I think
> that's a fairly big leap to be taking, so it's not surprising that some
> older, remaining packages are causing me problems.  This seems to be a
> unique situation -- the delta between FC1 and FC3 is much larger than
> usual.

What could be the solution? Backup the configuration and reinstall
FC3 from scratch?

Thanks,
j3d.

> - Karsten