FC3 PostgreSQL update

Troels Arvin troels at arvin.dk
Fri Dec 17 14:14:52 UTC 2004

Hello,

I installed the updated PostgreSQL for FC3 today. Before the update,
there were no problems, but now - when I try to start PostgreSQL - it
fails, and I get the following line in my /var/log/messages:

kernel: audit(1103292268.189:0): avc:  denied  { search } for  pid=13607
exe=/usr/bin/postgres name=mnt dev=hda5 ino=179521
scontext=root:system_r:postgresql_t tcontext=system_u:object_r:mnt_t
tclass=dir

Due to a disk-space problem, my /var/lib/pgsql is a symlink to
/mnt/hda1/pgsql

My /mnt/hda1 is unlabeled, and I guess this should be changed, but to
what? - Should my /mnt/hda1 be labeled system_u:object_r:root_t?

How come a PostgreSQL update breaks what used to work?

--
Greetings from Troels Arvin, Copenhagen, Denmark