Loadlin.

Barry Yu barryyupuilee at sbcglobal.net
Sat Dec 18 01:09:29 UTC 2004

Moller wrote:

>Hello!
>
>I want to dualboot FedoraCore3 with Win 98.
>How do I do it ?
>Here is a sample of my bootmessage that I get when I boot with loadlin:
> ..
>NET: Registered protocol family 17
>md: Autodetecting RAID arrays.
>md: autorun ...
>md:  ...autorun DONE.
>EXT2-f2 warning (device hda3):ext2_fill_super: mounting ext3 filesystem as ext2
>VFS: Mounted root (ext2 filesystem) readonly
>Freeing unused kernel memory: 144k freed
>Warning: unable to open an initial console.
>SELinux: Disabled at runtime.
>SELinux: Unregistering netfilter hooks
>
>--

Install w98 first in a f32 partition, and then secondly install the fc3,
the fc3 will auto dectect the existing w98,  during insatllation of fc3
at configuartion of boot loader, just take whatever the default
setting,  when finished, the grub will be the boot up manual for you to
select which O/S you want to boot up with (w98 or fc3). Hope I
understood your post correctly.