Using SELinux on samba mounted directories

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Wed Dec 22 02:34:40 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-12-22 at 12:23 +1100, Michael Kraus wrote:
> G'day...
>
> > > Is there a way to edit the /etc/fstab file so that the
> > context is set
> > > when the directory is mounted?  (I hope this is all making
>
> > Not sure if this solution works with samba - worth a try:
> > http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/selinux-faq-fc3/index.html#id3523296
>
> Based on that advice, I'm trying:
>
> //machine/share /mnt/mymountpoint smb
> context=root:object_r:httpd_sys_content_t,username=myusername,password=m
> ypass,exec,rw,uid=500,gid=48,fmask=0775 0 0
>
> Unfortunately to no avail. It looks like smbmount ignores the
> "context=..." part. :(

I don't think the context mounting is working yet for Samba.

Would it be a sick idea to smbmount the share, then export it to
localhost as an NFS mount, then mount that with an SELinux context?
Just looking for stop-gap ideas until the Samba context stuff is
working.

- Karsten
--
Karsten Wade, RHCE, Sr. Tech Writer