FC3 " avc: denied" issue

Russell Coker russell at coker.com.au
Mon Dec 27 16:47:26 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 28 December 2004 03:32, Colin Walters <walters at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-12-27 at 21:42 +1100, Russell Coker wrote:
> > Report a bug to whoever provided the collection of files that their
> > install script should do the following:
> > restorecon /usr/X11R6/lib/libXvMCNVIDIA.so.1.0.6629
> > restorecon /usr/lib/libGL.so.1.0.6629
>
> Dan recently worked on a patch for coreutils to make the 'install'
> command do this internally.  I don't think we can ask every ISV to
> insert restorecon commands at arbitrary points in their code.  Saying
> however that they must use the 'install' command (or RPM) to install
> software is a much more defensible position, IMO.

Valdis just said that they have specific builds for different distributions
and different versions of the various distributions.  As they already have
such a variation, adding another simple thing such as restorecon is not
asking a lot (IMHO).

Also if they would just use RPMs to deliver their software then many of these
issues would get solved for them.